Garlic Green and Wax Beans Recipe
"Even non-garlic lovers like this fresh-tasting salad," shares Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh wax beans
- 7 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place beans and 6 garlic cloves in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and vinegar; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk in the oil, salt, pepper and remaining garlic. Pour over beans and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 76 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Green and Wax Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC