Garlic-Ginger Turkey Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 8 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Place turkey in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 6 teaspoons soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper. Set half aside; sprinkle remaining mixture over turkey.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture and remaining brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 212 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.