Garlic-Ginger Turkey Tenderloins Recipe
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper. Place turkey in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with half of the soy sauce mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir cornstarch into remaining soy sauce mixture. Stir in broth and the remaining brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 212 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.