Garlic-Ginger Salmon Packets
With minimal effort and mess, this tender salmon fillet has the makings of a dinnertime staple. Citrus, garlic and ginger bring out the best in this low calorie entrée. —Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 12 in. square). Combine the ginger, cilantro, garlic and
- peels; spoon over salmon.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce and pepper; drizzle
- over salmon. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 279 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,