Garlic Garbanzo Bean Spread Recipe
My friends and family always ask me to make it. I guarantee you’ll be asked for the recipe.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, cut into three pieces
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables and baked pita chips
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables and pita chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 114 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC