- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, cut into three pieces
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables and baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables and pita chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Garlic Garbanzo Bean Spread
Sort By :
"This was a delicious appetizer for our Mother's Day dinner. I don't own a food processor and it came out just fine in the blender."
"This is a simple & delicious hummus recipe. My 11-month-old devours it!~ Theresa"
"I would add 1/2 cup of Tahani and one tsp of mashed ginger. 1 clove of garlic is more than enough and skip the onion. That makes this spread bitter.Enjoy"
"A bit bland with a bitter after taste."