Family and friends will go wild for these "gourmet" meatballs. I also use the chutney to top baked chicken, steaks and burgers.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling Cook: 20 min.
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- SWEET ONION CHUTNEY:
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Toasted French bread slices (1/2 inch thick), optional
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate
- cloves). Cut tops off bulbs. Brush with oil. Wrap each bulb in
- heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until
- softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a
- bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 18 portions;