Garlic Feta Spread
With lots of garlic and feta, this creamy appetizer spread is packed with flavor. “It’s a big hit at parties,” Theresa Conroy assures from Santa Rosa, California.
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh vegetables and/or crackers
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in feta cheese.
- Serve with vegetables and/or crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer