Garlic Fennel Bisque Recipe
I usually serve this in the spring as a wonderful side. The fennel in this bisque is so refreshing.—Janet Ondrich, Thamesville, Ontario
- 4 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 24 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, cream and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Add fennel and fennel fronds; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until fennel is very soft.
- 2. Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until blended. Return all to the pan. Season with salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with pine nuts. Yield: 14 servings.
1/2 cup equals 108 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC