Garlic Cucumber Dip
Creamy and full of fresh cucumber flavor, this classic Greek dip is a great appetizer served with pita bread, crackers or vegetables. This dip is also a must-have accompaniment to marinated lamb chunks cooked on a skewer.Lisa Stavropoulos, Stouffville, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional minced fresh dill
- Pita bread wedges
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Grate
- cucumber; squeeze between paper towels several times to remove
- excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl; stir in the yogurt, sour cream, oil,
- dill, vinegar, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle
- with additional dill. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4 cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt and reduced-fat sour cream; calculated without pita) equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.