Creamy and full of fresh cucumber flavor, this classic Greek dip is a great appetizer served with pita bread, crackers or vegetables. This dip is also a must-have accompaniment to marinated lamb chunks cooked on a skewer.—Lisa Stavropoulos, Stouffville, Ontario
- 1 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional minced fresh dill
- Pita bread wedges
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Grate cucumber; squeeze between paper towels several times to remove excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl; stir in the yogurt, sour cream, oil, dill, vinegar, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with additional dill. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Garlic Cucumber Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p57
Reviews for Garlic Cucumber Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review