- 1 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional minced fresh dill
- Pita bread wedges
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Grate cucumber; squeeze between paper towels several times to remove excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl; stir in the yogurt, sour cream, oil, dill, vinegar, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with additional dill. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Garlic Cucumber Dip
"Wonderful taste! I used 1 1/2 tsp. dillweed. Also, I believe it was thicker than others I've tried because I used Greek style yogurt and all natural sour cream. I let the shredded cucumber sit (the length of a movie), poured out the liquid and then pressed out the rest of the liquid."
"Use Garlic Shake"