Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 slices French bread baguette, toasted
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute the chicken, shallot and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add spinach and chicken; heat through. Serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 496 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.