Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 slices French bread baguette, toasted
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute the chicken, shallot and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add spinach and chicken; heat through. Serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 1 serving.
1-1/4 cup: 496 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.