Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine Recipe
No wonder Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire loves this dish so much. It’s loaded with tender chunks of garlic-seasoned chicken and covered in a creamy, comforting sauce.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 slices French bread baguette, toasted
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute the chicken, shallot and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add spinach and chicken; heat through. Serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Florentine >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >