- Place over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm. Strain cooking liquid;
- discard vegetable mixture. Skim fat from liquid and set aside 1-1/3
- For sauce, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let
- stand for 3 minutes; drain and discard liquid. Set berries aside.
- In a nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, melt butter. Stir
- in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in
- reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or
- until thickened. Stir in half-and-half and reserved cranberries;
- heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (skin removed) with 1/4 cup sauce equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now