Garlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 8 ounces Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Wild rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 teaspoon garlic on one side of each chicken breast half. Place crab, cheese and parsley down the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. In a bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add apple juice and wine or broth. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with wild rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 396 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken
"Hi Dorothy:I remember that you used to cook a great eye of round roast.I hope that all is well with John and yourself.Bob Anderson"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.