Garlic Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1. With a sharp knife, cut 15 slits in roast; insert garlic into slits. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Place bay leaves on top of roast; top with onion slices. Drizzle with butter. Add water to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Baste roast with pan juices; add carrots. Cover and bake 45-60 minutes longer or until meat and carrots are tender. Discard bay leaves. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 385 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Chuck Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.