Garlic Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1. With a sharp knife, cut 15 slits in roast; insert garlic into slits. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Place bay leaves on top of roast; top with onion slices. Drizzle with butter. Add water to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Baste roast with pan juices; add carrots. Cover and bake 45-60 minutes longer or until meat and carrots are tender. Discard bay leaves. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 385 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Garlic Chuck Roast
"If you love garlic you're going to love this roast! I did add potatoes and extra beef broth which made an excellent tasting gravy."
"Good. Will make it again !"
"Very easy to make! My family loved it! I have ages from 4 to 47."
"The only thing that I would do differently is use beef broth instead of water when putting it in the oven. Otherwise, everyone loved it and will definitely make this one again!"
"This meal was delicious!! I used a very large Dutch oven to do mine so I added 2 sticks of butter and 3 cups of water total, plus celery and potatoes. The family enjoyed it so much that I barely had any leftovers!"
"The fragrance of this baking in the oven is reminiscient of my teen years with my parents. "It tastes good," my daughter said. I substituted beef broth for the water. Yummy!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.