Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Creamy and comforting, these savory spuds will complement many entrees. "Stir in extra broth to get the texture you desire," suggests Leslie Cain of Starkville, Mississippi.
- 3-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 5 large), peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, garlic and paprika in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic. Add sour cream, broth, chives, salt and pepper; beat until smooth. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 152 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC