Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Creamy and comforting, these savory spuds will complement many entrees. "Stir in extra broth to get the texture you desire," suggests Leslie Cain of Starkville, Mississippi.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 3-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 5 large), peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, garlic and paprika in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic. Add sour cream, broth, chives, salt and pepper; beat until smooth. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC