I would often make this delicious dip as an after-school snack for my children. They're now grown but still enjoy this easy-to-make treat.
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread into a greased microwave-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish. Layer with chili, onions, garlic, green chilies and refried beans. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Serve warm with breadsticks. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p184
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Garlic Chili Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2014
"Just had for lunch. instead of bread sticks we put inside of tortilla and wrapped and served with sour cream, yummmm"
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2010
"This recipe totally lacked flavor. Bummer!~ Theresa"
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2010
"THIS IS QIUCK AND REALLY GOOD"