Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 2. Drain; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 234 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken
"Though the chicken was very moist, it had no flavor, despite marinating overnight. I won't make it again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.