Garlic Chicken with Potatoes
“People like the sweet garlic flavor of this dish,” writes Joni Palmer of Walla Walla, Washington. “I like being able to cook the entire meal in one pan!” Moist and flavorful, this chicken and potato medley will hit the spot!
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- Remove a thin strip of peel around the center of each potato; set
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. In a
- large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add the potatoes,
- broth, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
- low; cover and cook for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken quarter and 3 potatoes (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth) equals 494 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.