Garlic Chicken with Potatoes Recipe
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- Remove a thin strip of peel around the center of each potato; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add the potatoes, broth, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken with Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
I tasted a little like it was missing something but my husband loved it! Ill play around a little with it to get it to my liking yet to!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >