Garlic Chicken with Potatoes Recipe
“People like the sweet garlic flavor of this dish,” writes Joni Palmer of Walla Walla, Washington. “I like being able to cook the entire meal in one pan!” Moist and flavorful, this chicken and potato medley will hit the spot!
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- Remove a thin strip of peel around the center of each potato; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add the potatoes, broth, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken with Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken with Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
I tasted a little like it was missing something but my husband loved it! Ill play around a little with it to get it to my liking yet to!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >