- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Sprinkle chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, rosemary, thyme, sage, marjoram and parsley. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg, milk and lemon juice. Add chicken pieces, one at a time, to bag and shake to coat. Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat again with flour mixture.
- In a 12-in. cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2 cup oil. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken and keep warm; drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook potatoes in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes or until slightly tender. Add onion and remaining salt; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic; top with chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Brush over chicken just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken with Maple-Chipotle Glaze in Fresh Home Winter 2011, p104
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken with Maple-Chipotle Glaze(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review