- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- GARLIC SAUCE/TOPPINGS:
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 cups (12 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the buttermilk, oil, butter, honey and vinegar to 120°-130°. Add to the dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Press dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in oil. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chicken, red pepper and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review