Garlic Chicken on Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger. Pour half into a small resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, parsley and orange peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in small skillet, cook the chicken and reserved marinade until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,369 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.