- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger. Pour half into a small resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, parsley and orange peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in small skillet, cook the chicken and reserved marinade until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken on Rice
Sort By :
"We apologize for an error in this recipe, but thank you for bringing it to our attention. The amount of lemon juice should only be 1/4 cup. It will be corrected here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I had to put it in the garbage. Too much lemon juice. It was the worst thing I have tasted!"
"First, I must say this is the first time I've written a bad review. With that said...I agree w/previous post....it should be called too much lemon chicken. There is WAY too much lemon! The amount of lemon in the recipe (both in the magazine *best chicken recipes* and online) can't possibly be right. All we could taste was lemon; couldn't taste garlic, onion, or soy. There was so much lemon we couldn't stand to eat it. This was probably the worst recipe I've ever made from TOH."
"Wow...This should be called lemon way to strong chicken. I bet this was not correct on the amounts. Please let me know the correct amount of lemon juice. Bugsydr8@yahoo.com"