Garlic Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1. Place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Add cilantro and coriander; crush together. Add the yogurt, lemon juice and oil; mix well. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. For dipping sauce, place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Mix in oil. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 kabob with 2 tablespoons dipping sauce) equals 186 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.