Tender and moist, these grilled kabobs from Sheri Jean Waked are extra special when served with her garlic dipping sauce. "This is a lighter version of a dish my Lebanese mother-in-law taught me to make," she writes from Loveland, Ohio. "I reduced the amount of oil and substituted yogurt for mayonnaise."
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- Place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Add cilantro and coriander; crush together. Add the yogurt, lemon juice and oil; mix well. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For dipping sauce, place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Mix in oil. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2013
"Very tasty, will make again, I used the yogurt did not use mayo might next time, will increase cilantro and garlic, but everyone agreed it was very tasty."