Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
This fried rice uses leftover chicken (see the Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken recipe also in Recipe Finder). So it's perfect when you need a quick and easy meal on busy weekdays.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 to 2 cups chopped leftover Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, scramble egg in 1 tablespoon oil, breaking
- into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining
- oil to skillet; stir-fry celery and garlic over medium-high heat
- until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, for 3
- minutes. Stir in ham, chicken, soy sauce, pepper, ginger and egg;
- heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 403 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,599 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon