- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 to 2 cups chopped leftover Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, scramble egg in 1 tablespoon oil, breaking into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry celery and garlic over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in ham, chicken, soy sauce, pepper, ginger and egg; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken Fried Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p51
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review