- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken(6)
Sort By :
Excellent. Definitely will make this again.
This was really good!!! My husband was saying "mmm" after every bite and told me that this one is a keeper. The chicken came out tender and flavorful.
Very tasty and easy to make. I tried a little something different-once the chicken and garlic were done, I pureed the garlic into the gravy. Served with my Parmesan potatoes, and would definitely make it again!!
Delicious and moist! Love the flavor. Wouldn't have thought I would ever eat whole garlic cloves, but they were delicious as well!
Awesome chichen! I will remake it in 2 weeks. The best garlic chicken I have eaten so far.