Garlic Chicken 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add 1/2 cup broth, wine or additional broth, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 208 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken 'n' Gravy
"It was yummy! I served it with mashed potatoes and I doubled the gravy so I wouldn't run out"
"I make this all the time. Very good!"
"Garlic. chicken. Gravy. What's not to love? Quick n easy, ingredients on hand. Awesome!"
"Finally made this...I used chicken tenders and seasoned them with poultry seasoning as well as salt and pepper. I doubled the gravy ingrediants as we love our gravy. This was great with mashed potatoes and a side of peas & carrots. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Awesome. Love this recipe. Put this in the regular rotation. I double the gravy ingredients as the gravy is so delicious."
"Mmm, gravy! Very nice, but could hardly taste the garlic. Perhaps mincing will help. But still, the chicken was very moist, and the cold roux made a very quick pan gravy. I'll make it again using fresh herbs."
"This recipe was absolutely wonderful, easy, delicious and moist! I ran out of oregano and basil so I substitued in "italian seasoning" instead, it tasted great!"
"This dish is amazingly delicious! My whole family loves it; even my picky teenagersrave. The sauce has a mouth-watering flavor that is wonderful over your mashed potatoes. I have made it both with additonal chicken broth and white wine. Fabulous any way you go. It is also easy to make and cooks up quickly. A definite keeer!"
"Excellent! So quick and easy, and the whole family loved it."
"This was so good and so quick and easy. Its a keeper!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.