Garlic Chicken 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add 1/2 cup broth, wine or additional broth, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.