As a child, I spent countless hours with my mom in the kitchen. Now I do the same with my own daughter. Here's a chicken dish I gradually developed over years.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p94
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Though the chicken was very moist, it had no flavor, despite marinating overnight. I won't make it again."