Garlic Cheesy Bread Recipe
Some garlic breads taste more like buttered toast. Not this one - the fresh garlic flavor really comes through. Parmesan cheese on top turns golden brown in the broiler. I enjoy the crunch of the crisp crust. -Gina Squires, Salem, Oregon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic and oregano; spread on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve hot. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Garlic Bread in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Cheesy Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2010
We have been making this for years. It's a family favorite. We use hot dog buns instead of french bread. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >