Garlic Cheese Quick Bread
Whether served warm or cold, this moist garlicky loaf from Sue Dodd of Friendsville, Tennessee is a terrific way to round out a meal. "Leftover slices also make good salad croutons," she says. "Just cube them and brown them in a little butter in a skillet."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, sugar and garlic powder. In
- another bowl, whisk the milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-66 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 164 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.