Garlic Cheese Grits Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- Additional cheese, optional
- 1. Cook grits according to package directions. Add cheese, butter and garlic salt; stir until cheese and butter are melted. In a measuring cup, beat egg; add milk to measure 1/2 cup. Stir into grits.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Cheese Grits
"These were great, but I did use seasoned salt in place of the garlic salt because its what I had on hand. I also threw in some sliced green onions & diced roasted red peppers for color."