Victoria Newman of Antelope, California makes French bread fabulous when she spreads slices with this mouthwatering mixture. The creamy blend bubbles when broiled and offers plenty of garlic punch.—Victoria Newman, Antelope, California
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat until blended. Spread on one side of each slice of bread and place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p59
Reviews for Garlic Cheese French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2014
"My family loves the creamiest of this garlic bread! It is oh so good!"