Garlic-Cheese Dog Biscuits
Dogs love garlic and cheese so my dog thinks these are the cat's meow!Judy Hede, Bemidji, Minnesota
18-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the cheese and margarine. Add the flour, garlic and
- salt; mix well. Add enough milk to form a stiff dough. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a bone-shaped cookie
- cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- Biscuits will harden as they cool. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen
- (depending on cookie cutter size).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.