- 2 large whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze the softened garlic into a blender. Add the butter, hot pepper sauce and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Dip chicken wings into the garlic mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a greased rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with any remaining garlic mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings
"Turned out really well. My guests love it.I suggest baking them on a baking sheet that's lined with parchment paper. That'll make them much easier to pull off and serve."
"definately the best chicken wings i've ever made!!!"
"My hubbie and I loved this dish. It was easy to make and the left overs reheated nicely for lunch the next day!!"