Garlic Cheese Bread
Meals for crowds need to be simple to prepare, hot and filling. This is a favorite.Mike Marratzo, Florence, Alabama
150 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dried oregano
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups canola oil
- 18 loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 18 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano and parsley;
- set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and garlic. Gradually beat
- in oil until smooth. Spread over one side of bread. Place with
- buttered side up in greased large shallow baking pans. Top each
- slice with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and
- top is lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 150 servings (2
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 390 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon