Garlic Cheese Bread Slices
“People love the topping on this garlic bread. It’s so tasty. Sometimes I switch it up for my son by combining cinnamon, sugar and butter, spreading it on and then broiling the bread." —Tammy Griffin, Frankston, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder.
- Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut each piece in half. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 458 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.