- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each piece in half. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Cheese Bread Slices
"I used a multi-grain ciabatta bread instead of white French bread. Recipe is delicious and easy to prepare. We loved it with our bowl of stew!!! I froze the leftovers in portions to enjoy with more soup or stew."
"My husband really liked this recipe. I thought it was just ok. I think I would use a little less mayo next time. Also, I didn't have French bread so I did it on hot dog buns. The French bread would have been much better."
"Extremely tasty, and very easy to prepare!"
"Easy and a little different from regular garlic bread. I made this for a family gathering and there was not a piece left!"