- 6 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dried oregano
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups canola oil
- 18 loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 18 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and garlic. Gradually beat in oil until smooth. Spread over one side of bread. Place with buttered side up in greased large shallow baking pans. Top each slice with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 150 servings (2 slices each).
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Cheese Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >