Meals for crowds need to be simple to prepare, hot and filling. This is a favorite.—Mike Marratzo, Florence, Alabama
- 6 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dried oregano
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups canola oil
- 18 loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 18 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and garlic. Gradually beat in oil until smooth. Spread over one side of bread. Place with buttered side up in greased large shallow baking pans. Top each slice with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 150 servings (2 slices each).
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p54
Reviews for Garlic Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review