- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon bouillon; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Combine butter with remaining garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Sort By :
"Great biscuits! I did not have any chicken bouillon so used approx. 1Tblsp of Italian seasoning instead. Hubby said these were a make again!"
"We love having a special biscuit or bread to go with soup! These are perfect, and easy! I normally have all the ingredients on hand and can whip them up in a few minutes! I do like to use a little garlic salt in the melted butter for the top."
"These were good and similar to Red Lobster's. Normally, I would've just used Bisquick, milk, and cheese and made the biscuits, but I was out of Bisquick. So, I gave these a try. A little more work, but I personally liked these better than the Bisquick kind."
"These were OK but I like the ones made with biscuit better and they are easier to do as well."
"These were the best I have made, I only used 1tsp of garlic, and just butter at the end and they were great..."