Having been raised in Italy, I include garlic in a lot of my cooking. The horseradish flavor is mild, making it a great addition to any meal.—Pasqualina Pasko, Parrish, Florida
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 65-75 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until softened.
- Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- Add potato pulp and butter to softened garlic; mash. Stir in the milk, horseradish, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Cheddar Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p30
Reviews for Garlic-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review