Teri Anne Finnerty of Marshalltown, Iowa shares this no-fuss way to jazz up cauliflower...or most any vegetable. "A friend used this recipe with broccoli," she notes. "Now our sons enjoy both cauliflower and broccoli served this way."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups cauliflowerets
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in.
- of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 9-11 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter for
- about 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth. Drain cauliflower
- and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour butter mixture over
- cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 38 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.