- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onion powder and garlic powder. Drain beans; add to skillet and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Buttered Green Beans in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p37
Reviews for Garlic-Buttered Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
"I made this recipe again for Thanksgiving this year. It is a wonderful recipe--simple to make as well. Thank you for submitting the recipe."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
"This just tasted a bit odd. We just didn't quite "get" what taste the recipe was going for.~ Theresa"