- 1 beef flat iron steak or boneless top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steak in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic, soy sauce and remaining butter. Serve with steak. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlic-Butter Steak
"I marinated steak in 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and the parsley for thirty minutes then threw the steak and butter in the skillet. Excellent!"
"So good! And so easy to make."
"Excellent recipe for the type of steak! Will definitely make again."
"agree with the 4.5 stars, definitely could use a good marinade to make it a perfect 5!"
"4.5 Stars: The garlic butter is divine. I marinated the steak in Dale's for about 30 minutes and my husband thought it was still very plain. I will marinate longer next time. It definitely needs more than salt and pepper."
"Simple, quick recipe that won't disappoint. I love putting butter on meat and the added spices are a bonus. Very good, thanks for sharing."
"This steak is Absolutely fab! I love the garlic butter on top!"
"My husband made this a while back and I have to say it's delicious! Shortly after I discovered that I have to cut out dairy from my diet, so he tried it again with margarine in place of the butter and it was still quite tasty, though I preferred the butter."
"The chef who ever thought of putting butter, much less garlic-butter on a steak was a genius, IMHO! I love garlic butter on a steak and have been doing this at home for a long time."