Garlic Butter Shrimp
Garlic and lemon lend a pleasant flavor to these speedy sauteed shrimp from Sheryll Hughes-Smith of Brandon, Mississippi. "I like to serve them over wild rice mix from a box," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp and garlic in butter for 5
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the lemon juice; heat
- through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 191 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.