Garlic Butter Green Beans
"One summer, when my parents had a huge crop of green beans from their garden, I created this recipe," Erika Niehoff relates from Eveleth, Minnesota. "My children just love this yummy dish with garden fresh green beans."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick saucepan, cook garlic
- in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon
- juice, sugar and pepper.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl; add garlic butter and stir to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.