Garlic Butter Green Beans Recipe
"One summer, when my parents had a huge crop of green beans from their garden, I created this recipe," Erika Niehoff relates from Eveleth, Minnesota. "My children just love this yummy dish with garden fresh green beans."
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick saucepan, cook garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, sugar and pepper.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl; add garlic butter and stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Butter Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p13
Reviews for Garlic Butter Green Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2010
This is our favorite way to lightly dress up fresh green beans. We've made them for guests who have asked for the recipe too. Our 5-year old loves them and often has 5-6 helpings. No leftovers when you serve this dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >