Garlic-Butter Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor; add butter and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended; set aside.
- 4. Place salmon in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with lemon juice. Spoon 1 tablespoon garlic butter over each fillet.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley and rosemary. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with 1 tablespoon garlic butter equals 408 calories, 27 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Butter Baked Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.